Wednesday, May 13, 2009

*The Anatomy of Anger: Dame Goes Off

*Before you read this, please take a minute to read my ode to Ol’ Dirty Bastard. 

Dame Dash vs. Def Jam part 2 (from This is Choke No Joke) from Miss Info on Vimeo.

Choke No Jokes: Dame Dash's outburst Pt 3 and Jay-Z in Puerto Rico from Miss Info on Vimeo.

I know it’s been a minute since Rocafella parted ways with Dame Dash, but once I saw these videos I was somewhat missing his presence.I can't help it, the arrogant son of bitch in me loves Dame in this video right now. Yeah he was bullish, but are so many people in the industry. If anything Dame's aggressive demeanor is somewhat justified in this situation. I mean why are Def Jam staff members having a meeting about Jay-Z without having Rocafella staff on hand? Why didn't Def Jam go through the customary channels of communication with Dame? Granted, sending an email is the universal way of communicating nowadays, but it seems that the customary means of communication between Dame and Def Jam wasn't through emails. Then again, the music industry is fast paced world where the train doesn't stop for personal hardships like a funeral.Regardless of what happened in this particular situation, I just hate the fact that Dame and Jay, two men who proved that through hard work you could accomplish anything, ended up severing all ties to one another. I also think it's interesting that this videographer, Choke No Joke, probably caught the moment when Dame realized that their was a conspiracy to kick him to the curve (if their was a conspiracy to begin with). I also think its funny that if you watch the documentary, Backstage, Dame talks about how crews get destroyed and has a premonition of the Roc's own destruction. By the way, where the Hell is Dame? 

No comments:

Post a Comment